Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Just found 2 new blogs today to follow. Both, of course, fertility related. One of the girls is in the same boat as me, process wise, and the other is now on maternity leave after IVF. Such an inspiration to read. It's so nice to know that other people blog this experience and I am not being some crazy, irrational and dramatic mess. One blog in particular really spoke to me. It's as if every thought she had in the TTC process is one that I have had myself. I almost feel as if someone has wrapped a warm blanket around me, fresh out of the dryer. It's nice to know I'm not alone, even if only connected in the virtual world.
I will end this with some humor; completely stolen from the blogger that I now know hung the fertility blogging moon :)

10 things people say to the infertile couple:

10. Just relax and you will get pregnant: Mmm...true. Stressing out does not improve anything but all the tequila and vacations in the world will not improve my husband's sperm count.

9. I know someone who tried for years and years to get pregnant, adopted and BAM all of a sudden she had a natural pregnancy: Of course you know someone. So does my hairdresser and my cleaning lady's ex-husband's cousin. And no, she didn't BAM all of a sudden get pregnant because you told me she tried for years and years. Maybe she was cool with conceiving at the age of 39, but I'm not.

8. Ugh it sucked we got pregnant the first month. We didn't even get to try. giggle giggle. You didn't even get to try? What happened? Did your husband's penis fall off after you conceived? You can't DO IT when you're preggo? Maybe you should have used a condom if you wanted time trying.

7. OMG I am getting fat. Yup, that's what happens when you get pregnant. You want pity...from me??

6. Being pregnant sucks. You're so lucky. I would kill for a glass of wine. You wanna know what sucks? Spending $11,000 to inject myself daily, harvest my eggs and then hope to God one takes when I put it back it in because that is the only way I will become a Mom. Man, am I lucky I can get drunk though!

5. I know he has a low count but it only takes one sperm! Actually, no, we need millions to do it the old fashion way. We even need millions for insemination.

4. Did you try charting your ovulation? My neighbor's sister tried for 12 months and then used ovulation test sticks and conceived the first month. 1. Your neighbor's sister is obviously dumb. 2. Do you really think I am about to blow $11,000 on the most complicated fertility procedure that exists and not even know if I ovulate?

3. Just wait until you have kids and you'll see. It's not as fun as it seems. They're so much work. Hold the phone! Cancel the cycle! I had no idea kids required patience and hard work. Yuck! What was I thinking!

2. I don't know about all those fertility treatments. Are you sure? You're just going to end up like 6 kids. Yes, I am going to be just like octomom. F-ing idiot.

1. Oh well, just think. If it doesn't work, you can just do it again. You bet. Next time we'll use your visa, ok?

Thank you to Mama2Be. I hope you don't mind that I copied this. It's too good and too true not to share.

3 comments:

  1. Love the new design! Funny stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new design is great! I do love this excerpt from Mama2Be. If only I could recall these responses when I am actually in the situation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, my OB/GYN actually made comment #3 to me at the end of an appointment. Needless to say, I never went back to her again. So ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete