Wednesday, September 29, 2010

So the MD I work with is having a post coital test today. She too is looking at IUI and IVF but I think it's more because she's 41 and they have been trying for about a year. She's had the HSG and endo bx. I am really curious if they will make me go through all the testing since we know what the problem is. I imagine at least the HSG so they know what kind of shape my tubes are in. I think this is probably wishful thinking that I won't have to endure anything else!

I think I am gearing up to ovulate. Pete and I are giving this one last honest effort on our own. Now, granted if his second swim team analysis scores a medal (I am considering anything above 5 million/ml qualifies for a bronze) we will be trying the old fashion way until our year of trying is officially over. It's so hard to know what to wish for! Do I wish the team gets a gold medal (over 20 million/ml)?? Sure. But if it's going to improve, it better do so exponentially and not just enough to not get us into the RE until January. Part of me hopes that it stays shitty so we can get started with ART this fall and not next winter/spring. Is that wrong? I don't think so. I'm an inpatient girl who's late for a very important pregnancy.

The second SA is in 16 days. Oh what to do to pass the time.... what to do?

1 comment:

  1. I am super impatient too. Once we had our first bad SA I just wanted the next one done but they made us wait three months. I too am gearing up for ovulation but we're permanently benched. Just looking forward to signing the IVF forms which will happen tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete