Wednesday, October 6, 2010
My oh my again!
Am I feeling good today, or what??! I decided to take a break from TTC. IDK how long it will last but I know that I didn't take my temp this morning and I don't plan to pee on an OPK this afternoon and it feels great! Pete and I had a long conversation last night (well, I did. He's a man of few words.) and we decided that taking a break will be good for me. It may only be for today (i'm such an information junkie that I doubt it will last more than 1 day) but it feels nice to not be in control of controlling things that I couldn't control anyways, no matter how hard I tried. Ideally, I would like for us to have casual sex, every 2-3 days, and then occasionally take my temperature to see if I have ovulated. I figure that our first RE appt is 2 weeks from today so I really would like to have a small break before all the serious TTC stuff happens. It's like a mini vacay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ride that vacay out for as long as you can!! I find temping so stressful. It is such a constant reminder of how we are not pregnant. Giving that up makes you feel so free!! Relish it!
ReplyDeleteI think you have to take care of yourself and your marriage number 1! And the rest of it will fall into place. Did what you need to do. I stopped temping after I got my CHs and it has been so so wonderful. I am def getting the urge to POAS now though!
ReplyDeleteHi Chloe,
ReplyDeleteThe first count Dh got was 11million. It signalled something was up so our RE did a 2nd semen test to see if the 11mil was his "normal". The second one came back at less than 1 mill so our RE did a 3rd test and that also came back at less than 1 mill. He determined that less than 1 mill was was we should expect and the 11 mill was probably a really great day. The first test was done in February, Second in June and Third test in August. DH had cut back on any alcohol, is not overweight, took recommended vitamins etc etc. They could not find the cause (no visible blockage). RE sent us for a karyotype test and Y chromosome deletion test to try and rule out genetic factors. We didn't even discuss treatments until after the 3rd semen test. At that point (with less than 1 million) IVF with ICSI was the only option. i am not sure what numbers they need for IUI.