Monday, October 11, 2010

Hope is a person's greatest treasure

That's what my fortune cookie from last night said. I thought it was pretty profound as I got a smiley face on my OPK on Saturday. I know not to hope too much for a pregnancy this month given the odds, but I felt comforted when I read it (I held it in my hand the whole way home!).

But why shouldn't I hope? Without hope, what is there? What's really left? I mean isn't that why we are going through this? That at the end of the road we get what we are hoping for? If it really only takes one stubborn swimmer, then maybe it can still work. Maybe Pete was just having a bad day in the "jerk-off lab". I hope that's possible. I hope that this is our month. I hope we will be the miracle story about the couple who conceived with such odds against us. Why shouldn't I?

Maybe my little fortune is trying to tell me that I can be hopeful about this cycle. Maybe it's telling me to not give up, that it can and will happen. Maybe I'll pee on a stick the morning of my RE appt. Maybe it will be positive. I will be 11 DPO, afterall. Maybe I could call them and announce that I won't be needing their services after all because I'm pregnant. Afterall, I can only hope........

1 comment:

  1. You're right in saying "without hope, what is there?". I find it scary to hope. I also find it feels good to hope. There will be these moments when I look at my Husband and say .. imagine when we have a baby.. imagine. It feels good. I hope this is your month and that you can call that clinic and tell them that you will not be in need of their services afterall!

    ReplyDelete