Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A call from "the" clinic

The RE clinic, that is. You know, the clinic where the big girls go to play. They returned my call and explained what to expect for the first appointment. It sounds exactly what I was hoping for. Pete goes in for his second swimteam analysis on Friday and then next Wednesday is the appointment. The nurse explained that they would look at his results, take a complete history from me, draw my blood and maybe do an ultrasound of my ovaries. Once I tell them how lazy they are, I imagine they'll want to take a look. They will also tell us what they think our best course of action is. I wonder how much waiting there will be between this appointment and actual fertility procedures. I am hoping his numbers are high enough for IUI, I wouldn't want to jump straight to IVF unless they really think that's the best bet. And if they do, we will manage :)

2 comments:

  1. To give you an idea of our timeline.. We went to our first RE appointment July 19th. They wanted to do a whole bunch of tests on my Husband and I needed to get day 3 blood work, pelvic and internal ultrasounds and then the hysterosonogram. The told us to book again for a follow up at the beginning of October. The said that if my Husband's tests results were all in before then and if his urologist (who they referred him to at the July 19th appointment) said that we have to do IVF, then we could call in and change the early October appointment to our consent signing. We ended up doing that. My guess is if your husband's count is around the 10 million mark or higher they might suggest IUI first. Good luck on your first appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! His first count was 3 million/ml...his second one is tomorrow :/ I'll update when I know.

    ReplyDelete