Thursday, March 24, 2011

MIA, thanks to Lupron

So the IVF cycle has officially started! It actually started a few weeks ago but the first med I was injecting, called Lupron, had me knocked flat on my ass for the first 2 weeks. I could handle the constant, daily headache, but the fatigue was not sympatico with my normal, everyday life. I was emotionally crazy, too. And that was the part Pete hated! Now that I have started stims and have some estrogen back in my system, things are better. I am on day 6 of stims and my 2nd monitoring appt is tomorrow. I feel like a big, bloated Easter bunny! I feel like I am even walking funny. I am so hoping that they will tell me I can trigger soon and get these eggs out of me. My Mom is coming up for the whole shabang and I am hoping I feel well enough for the stuff we have planned. It's nothing major, but some painting and of course, a pedicure. I have lots of people rooting for us, which is nice. I have remained relatively stress free and haven't worried about it "not working".
Oh yeah, and I kinda changed jobs a few weeks ago too. Good timing? Probably not. But it has really turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I told my new peeps all about the IVF in the interview and they were totally supportive. I love working with women again! It's a perfect job for when my babies come. I get off when I am done with my work, which is usually around 2:00. Grent bennefits too. So it really has turned out to be a great thing.
Here we go! I will try to update as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment