Friday, December 31, 2010

IUI is a bust

I tried to write more here but I was on my iPad at the time and it wasn't cooperating.

So yes, the IUI was a bust. I was so sure it would work. I don't see how it didn't. Even my Mom and Pete don't get it. And Mom is a major pessimist. I was so devastated. I cried for 2 days before picking myself up and dusting off. I surrounded myself with Pete, my besties, my puppies, and some good wine and food. That helped me get my perspective back.

I called the RE's office and left 3 messages in as many days! I kept waxing and waning about what we should do. The first message was saying IVF. The second was saying one more IUI. The third was saying definetly IVF if Dr. McLaren agreed. They were closed on Friday so the nurse got all 3 messages today. She said I made her giggle. I'm glad she was laughing with me and not at me.
She said Dr. McLaren thinks she should move forward with IVF. I am so glad she doesn't want us to keep doing IUIs. I think they are a waste of time and money. The only thing that sucks is that their next IVF cycle doesn't start until March.
OMG Dr. McLaren just called me herself! She reiterated that IVF will be our best option and that I should start birth control today. I'm already doing something proactive! My brain is going in 25 different directions and I can't focus enough to write anymore about this. Must go straighten out my brain...I'll post again when I have all this processed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry to hear that this cycle didn't work for you guys. I really wanted this to work for you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrr.... I hate this post.

    ReplyDelete